Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Hi everybody!

I thought I'd get this one up and polished for tomorrow so it is ready when you are!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Thanks for starting a new for us, Merme. I can feel my pill kicking in so it's off to bed for me. I'm getting up early to run before work and needed to make myself be able to fall asleep at a decent time. Last night I didn't sleep so well. Catch you all in the morning!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Evening... I am headed to bed soon too.. neighbor decided to cook marshmellows at 10 .. made a fire in a firepit and of course our cooler brought the smoke in our house.. took an hour before we could turn it back on and not choke- he is a real a**! Before he was a pretty good neighbor.. then his wife left him and now he has a girlfriend half his age that he is trying to impress... UGH!
I worked on my kitchen today... mopped- cleaned out fridge and scrubbed it down.. even cleaned the top of it.. it ends up a catchall... got all the stuff off that belongs elsewwhere and got it there.. I got out my flower bowl and filled it too.. has little floats and I cut some roses for it- and added a couple tea lights.. looks nice on my kitchen table...

The boys all had good days the first day of school so that was a good thing- like the teachers and had no problems... Joe worked on yard and his back felt pretty good after so that was good too... tomorrow is Joseph's first day - he will be a senior.... when we moved to Colorado he was 18 months old... 17 now... time flies..

I see you found your extra keyboard Merme- your spelling improved a lot! LOL! I clean mine with a can of air and you can take a post it and use the glue side to get stuff our between keys.. I have done it when the boys forget and use sticky hands or eat at the puter which is forbidden, but they forget sometimes,even with the sign on the monitor that says if hands are sticky you better not be sitting here.... LOL!
Well off to bed now... can't smell smoke anymore down here so hope it's out of the bedroom too... crazy man...

Have a good night all and sweet dreams...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's11

I see you found your extra keyboard Merme- your spelling improved a lot! LOL! I clean mine with a can of air and you can take a post it and use the glue side to get stuff our between keys.. I have done it when the boys forget and use sticky hands or eat at the puter which is forbidden, but they forget sometimes,even with the sign on the monitor that says if hands are sticky you better not be sitting here.... LOL!

Merme---yes it is nice to see you back in full force----as far as your old keyboard goes, try this...On my keyboard all teh keys pop off and then you can not only clean them, you can clean the keyboard itself--and if the old keyboard is not working, well why not give cleaning it a try--nothing to lose I think, right???

Good morning everyone !!! I am on my way out the door to cardiac rehab---& then to ceramics----and of course tonight we will go get my MIL from the hospital...

I wish everyone a great day!!!! wavy

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Today I will take my littlest son to school and pick up my biggest son to come up and work with me. Not too sure of my plans beyond that.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I see you found your extra keyboard Merme- your spelling improved a lot!

Gee...who can I make fun of now??? boohoo haha

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

Gee...who can I make fun of now??? boohoo haha

aw Cindy, you'll think of something surely.........

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Anyone feel the 5.9 Virginia earthquake today?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42YeDHaUOvA

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
10k Posts
10k Posts
... or the 5.5 that hit central Colorado last night? why
Both were considered to be very rare.... nervous

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I never heard about that one!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I get earthquake notifications for anything over a 4.0. VA just had an aftershock not too long ago that was a 4.2. I heard about the CO one also. I know a bunch of people on the east coast and it's interesting to see the different reactions between people who have been through earthquakes and those who haven't. The first earthquake I can remember being in was when I lived in Reno. I was young and thought that there was an Indiana Jones style, giant stone ball rolling down the street. I ran outside to see if I could see it, lol. It didn't scare me at all. I'm sure if I had not experienced an earthquake until now it would scare the cr@p out of me. Glad everyone is okay and that it wasn't too big.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Did not feel a thing here in Illinois----
anmd I am here to tell you I like it that way...calm & quite is good !!!!

well we got my MIL home--and she was CRANKY!!! to say the least---I so wish it were not my job to take care of her, not for the next week anyway-----

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Good morning, everybody!

I was on the phone w/ my sister in Philadelphia. She & her adult son were in the living room when the quake hit. They felt it horribly and her son thought there had been a nearby explosion but Nancy said it couldn't have been because there'd been no blast sound! Teddy turned the TV to CNN and they interrupted the show w/ a "breaking news" broadcast and explained about the quake which was felt as far north as New York.

Cheryl your story of the Indiana Jones style giant ball rolling is a delightful story! Thanks so much for sharing it. That made my day! Aren't children wonderful?!

I woke up during the night screaming because of severe cramps in my foot and lower leg. Maxi came running and massaged it for a while until he got the worst of it out. Then he made me a cup of tea and brought me some medicine. I went back to sleep for three more hours until it started again and woke up yelling again. This time it was less severe, though.

So they've dropped my weight too low at dialysis again and today they will have to raise me back up. These foot and leg cramps are horrific and I cry and cry.

We have another busy day started.

Tonight we are going to evening church for a special Night Prayer service known as Compline. They are lovely prayers to say before going to bed. Prayers for the peace of the world; prayers for the sick; prayers for the joyful, etc. It is a contemplattive service and makes going home and settling in a very nice thing. I'm hoping it will help Maxi deal w/ his new bedroom easier.

After that, we are taking Maxi to his dad's where he will spend several days.

While I am at dialysis, Maxi will walk to the store and purchase some useful supplies for his dad's family who are struggling right now. He will also be sure to pick up some yummy treats for the boys. He will take along a small amount of $$ so she can get groceries.

Her mom's lung cancer has spread to her brain and that sweet woman is failing fast, poor thing. Of course the entire family is a woebegone mess, but it is especially hard on the children who sense things aren't right but can't really understand it. And Christine has taken over the medical and financial responsibilities for her mom because her dad is just too emotional right just now. So Christine's plate is so full right just now! So Maxi is going over to relieve some of it by bringing good things and keeping the little boys happily occupied.

Last night he learned the St. Francis prayer and put a copy in his wallet. You know the one.... "Lord make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. Where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving we recieve. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life."

Anyway, so now I gotta get off the computer and get things moving as there is much to be done early!

See you all later!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Last night Ted and I stayed up so late that I never even set the alarm to wake for school today. I knew we would both be dragging. I am so glad his school is so forgiving and his grades and future do not depend so much on grades.
Before it gets hot today, I want to clean up a few more of my shrubs and trees. The fire a couple miles away really spurred me on to get my area abated of weeds and litter and such. I had already made a good beginning but there is always so much more to do. When the fall winds blow through is our most dangerous season. A wildfire in 100 MPH winds is a wonderus thing. But so destructive.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme--souynds like your Maxi is growing up to be a very good person---you have done very good by him--you should be proud.

Tina---well sometimes home is the best p lace for a person to be---there is plenty of time for school---I hope this post finds all of yoiu well and that the fires are not too close so that you worry about them...

it was very hot today---very close to 100 and the heat index was well over 100. here in an hour or so I am going to go out & heavily water, for in case it is this hot out tomorrow.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I got lots of nifty work done this morning before it got hot. And then raked up my trimmings after it began to cool off this evening. I washed dishes and cleaned up my stove and kitchen while working indoors. So my day off was not wasted. I also got a nap in the middle of the day.
I made dinner for us and I will have little clean up tonight. I did not go off the ranch at all today. It felt so very good. Tomorrow will be back to school for my truant son.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Hi everybody!

It is 66 right now here Carol. I hope it has cooled down some where you are!

Today my dialysis unit handed out special copies of emergency preparedness for dialysis patients. Details concerning what we are to do if we can't get to our treatment center due to a storm. There is a particular emergency 3 day diet we can go on to keep ourselves safer w/out treatment until the unit either opens again or an emergency one is established.... most of us can't get beyond 5 days without treatment. So it was good info.

Church tonight was lovely; I'm so glad we went!

Dropped Maxi off at his dad's w/ his 5 or 6 bags of useful items and a treat for the little boys.

Now I am going to lay down and watch a movie. I'm very tired tonight and I've been rehearsing a new piece for voice & guitar I hope my nephew will join w/ me in performing along w/ his mandolin. I'm actually hoping he will take the lead vocals and let me do the harmony. I don't mind playing lead guitar but a song of this length would be tough on my weakened voice.

G'nite everybody!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Not too bad of a day today. Very tired but got a lot done. Worked, got a little ahead of myself for tomorrow which I'll be happy about. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. They're doing the never ending pasta bowl, which makes it pretty cheap to eat out. $8.95 gets you unlimited soup or salad, breadsticks, and your choice of noodles and sauces. My choices are somewhat limited but the waiters have been really good about asking the manager if a sauce has wheat in for me. I also substitute my pasta with risotto and they never charge me for it. Tonight, however, they didn't have any prepared and I had to wait for a while for my dinner. I ate a lot of salad so I didn't really mind. It's been too warm for me to go running, I'm not going to have another repeat of Saturday. I have been going for my walks at work though, so at least I'm doing something. I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow and run before work. About two more weeks and the kids start school. I'm looking forward to the routine. The only thing different about this year is that they moved the school schedule back 15 minutes. No biggie. I should try to get to bed if I want to get up early. Good night!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am back in the swing today and on a more regular schedule. Coffee is very good this morning.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
10k Posts
10k Posts
I wish I could get back into the swing of things today...
I started a page yesterday and before I finished, I realized the need for a couple propagation pages for it, which of course meant I needed to make a couple other pages as supplements. All of a sudden, my one page will take 8 pages before I'm done. kilroy

Maybe, I'll go back to bed, instead!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yeah, I was writing some suggestions yesterday about lunch box ideas for a friend for her kids. My writing became pretty book-like.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill
All of a sudden, my one page will take 8 pages before I'm done. kilroy

Maybe, I'll go back to bed, instead!

Well Bill did ya go back to sleep or work on the 8 pages ?? I have a lot of things happen like that--it seems what should take me say 30 minutes, can end up taking hours-----

and yep Tina---I could see where that would take awhile as well---

________

10k Posts
10k Posts
I got the first one done... the rest should be easier! docs
teach How to Propagate New Plants with Whole Leaf Cuttings

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good doing, Bill.
I have had a decent day today, so far. I took my son to school and stopped to shop. I came home and put that away and grabbed up my loppers. I went out and trimmed another 15 or so feet of my windbreak hedge and lopped a mess of suckers off of trees. I piled those up and they are hauled to the green waste dump already. It began to get too hot to work so I hid out indoors until it was time to pick up my son from school again. I stopped at another store to shop and got him home and took a nice nap. Dinner is simmering on the stove top. The temp on my shady porches is 93* and still rising. It is 106 out there for real.
I am fixing chili for dinner. rolz

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
10k Posts
10k Posts
Chili? at 95* plus?
I'm having an icy cold Hornirita!
I tried to work in the garden today, but the 90* zapped all my oomph right away... kilroy

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
106 outside & you are still making chili for supper--
NOW that is a girl after my own heart---

I was just wishing I could make chili for supper last night--- :wink:
But Rod would not like it--heck he does not care for me making chili in the Winter,,,(but I do sometimes anyway)...Enjoy some of that Chili for me Tina.....

Way to go Bill--keep up the good work

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is down to 85* now but the humidity is rising. If it is muggy tomorrow, as predicted, nothing will get done outside. I cannot handle humidity. I do dry heat much better. My older son loved the chili so it was worth it. I felt guilty because I do no cook much in the summer and he is visiting. I cooked one of his old favorites. I also don't eat much meat anymore and he is a regular carnivore. Tomorrow night it will be burgers and cole slaw, I think.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Humidity is awful, Tina. I can't do much in it either. I did really well at work today. My feet were a bit sore but not too much and it didn't last once I got home and rested them a little. I went to the store and picked up dinner for DH and the kids and I heated up some left overs for myself. Tomorrow is a busy day. I'm getting up a little early to go running with a friend, then I have to go pick up my prescriptions, then start the laundry and get the grocery shopping done. I just need to figure out what I want to eat over the next few days. I haven't made a menu plan for myself yet. Well, I should try to get to bed, have a great night!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is warm already and it will be humid too. Ugh! I will take my day very easy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Star Child
3k Posts
Star Child
3k Posts
Hello and Good morning, It might be hot and humid there but its cool and overcast here with the nights dropping to 14-16 C (57-60 F). the weather has been perfect around here. Though a wee bit stormy. Its nice to have a few spare moments as there haven't been many of them this summer.

Last edited by Shani; Aug 25th, 2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling

May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome back, Shani.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Star Child
3k Posts
Star Child
3k Posts
Thanks, things have been extremely hectic this summer with the wedding. I kept meaning to come back to this site but something would always come up to demand attention.

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good morning.
Long day at the hospital yesterday. rspb

Hot again...no rain.

Does anyone want to know what a 5 pound bag of fish fillets smells like when it's been left in a truck for 3 days and the temp was above 90?

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

10k Posts
10k Posts
Does anyone want to know what a 5 pound bag of fish fillets smells like when it's been left in a truck for 3 days and the temp was above 90?

idea rose fertilizer?

Star Child
3k Posts
Star Child
3k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

I'm not a fan of fish when its fresh or frozen so after several hours I'm guessing pretty gross egad

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I agree with Bill as long as those roses are planted far away from my house.
Congratulations, Shani! I had forgotten your wedding plans and I'm not sure I ever knew an exact date.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
It was worse than disgusting. egad

This cat eats at least a pound of raw fish a day, so I buy it frozen in 5lb bags. I bought 2 bags the other day when I was shopping and got side-tracked while getting the groceries out of the truck (who...ME???) and left 2 bags of groceries in there. Of course, frozen fish would be in one of the bags I forgot.

I am such a dumbass.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am pretty glad it was not in my van.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OK this is the THIRD time that I have tried to make a post----so never mind what I was gonna say---I wish everyone a great afternoon----
have I mentioned lately how I hate computers----why can't they work as well as say the telephone or some other "device" does, that someone invented-

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
They can be very, very frustrating, Carol. The first telephones were pretty iffy about when and if they worked too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image