Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#350505 Dec 5th, 2011 at 12:38 PM
mrgreen Offline OP
OP Offline
I was wondering what everyone thought thst i should grow in my new greenhouse i would like to start propogating house plants and sell them this spring at the farmers market. Any one have an opinion as to what i should grow. What would bring in the most $$?

Every plant started out as a seed ,and then came the waiting game.
Star Child
3k Posts
Star Child
3k Posts
Things that people recognize and are easy to care for thats what most people seem to like. Jades and Spiders along with Aloes would be my suggestions.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
mrgreen Offline OP
OP Offline
Thats a good idea. Would you qualify Christmas cactus as something like that.

10k Posts
10k Posts
There is very stiff competition out there for Christmas cactus sales. You want to grow plants with an ooh..AHH factor, that that people haven't seen before. Orchid cactus (Epiphyllum) are awesome but take 3-5 years to produce a nice bloomer... but once in bloom, they sell for big bucks!
Check out my Pilea page. Aluminum, Friendship and Moon Valleys propagate and sell fast, but they only sell for a dollar or two.

mrgreen Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks ive always been a great fan of plants like that. Do you recomend any types of fruit trees or vegetables

Jean_Smith
Unregistered
Jean_Smith
Unregistered
Choosing the best plants to grow in a greenhouse is an enjoyable task, especially because the selection of plants and its varieties that flourish in a greenhouse. Before making your selections, you have to consider the size and location of your greenhouse. Vegetable Gardening is the best choice for optimum yields, you can grow lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard and green onions for the salad venue plus basil, dill, Italian parsley, oregano, tarragon, thyme and sage on the herb side. Even you can grow cucumbers, peas, squash, tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers. Using the best-bet plant suggestions listed above, with successive plantings and proper temperature maintenance, you can harvest the pleasure of a greenhouse garden year-round.

Last edited by Jean_Smith; Dec 12th, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image