This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108998 September 10th, 2005 at 08:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Joined: Mar 2005
Someone asked if the seeds & bulbs I just bought were all for fall & winter sowing. The answer is no but I can't find the post where I should post this. Another time when my memory just wasn't up to doing it's job. I'm sorry I had to reply this way grrrrrrrrrh. The impatients if nothing else are a 6 to 8 weeks before last frost indoor type plant lol. I just got them while I could because usually Burpee's is out of them and they are the double bloom variety that look like little roses and I think they make a great shade plant. And since the miniature snapdragons and columbine both stop blooming during the summer months I needed some summer color in that area of my garden.

#108999 September 10th, 2005 at 10:03 PM
Joined: May 2005
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
TK, I just found your hometown and marked it on an amazing new program I have called Google Earth. It is a free program from Google and will show you aerial or satellite photographs of any spot on the face of the Earth (except Area 51 of course), LOL. I have found aerial photographs of almost every house I ever lived in, some to such detail that I could identify the cars parked in the driveway!!! I've even found some of my friends' houses in Australia. Everyone on the forum should check this site out. I SEE YOU!! <o> <o> wavey

#109000 September 10th, 2005 at 10:18 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2004
hi thornius..... wow!! how cool is that!!! is this a website your talking about? or do you have to download something? i have webtv...unfortunatley you can't download stuff!

thanks, Linda

#109001 September 10th, 2005 at 10:20 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Joined: Mar 2004
Google Earth is the BOMB! thumbup
I love it!
I watched Bill work outside in his yard the other day... laugh p

Cindy

#109002 September 10th, 2005 at 10:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
W
Member
Member
W
Joined: Jul 2005
OMG, I am going to have to tell this one to my husband. Maybe we won't cut down some of these big trees after all. Can you really see people? I just hope nobody has been watching my backyard. shocked lala I am going to check into this farther. By the way TK I think I read that post in a coffeehouse around 72 or 73.
Nancy

#109003 September 10th, 2005 at 10:55 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Joined: Mar 2004
Quote
Can you really see people?
laugh dev laugh lala

#109004 September 10th, 2005 at 11:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Joined: Mar 2005
Thanks Nancy I'll look there and see if I can find out who asked. I hate to leave someone thinking they are being ignored. Sometimes my mind will not cooperate and I can't figure out how to answer even the simplest questions. Thankyou for remembering the approximate location. I would have had to start up in house plants and worked my way all the way down. And as fast as we post around here I may never have found it.

#109005 September 11th, 2005 at 01:29 AM
Joined: May 2005
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
It's not live pictures. You can't see actual people. Go to the main Google site and type in Google Earth It's a FREE download so you won't be able to get it, TK, but if you have a computer it's yours for free! They have airplanes and satellites that fly over the Earth and take pictures of the terrain and everything on it. These are still shots, more like maps rather than live TV broadcasts or movies.

#109006 September 11th, 2005 at 01:40 AM
Joined: Mar 2003
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Joined: Mar 2003
My daughter downloaded google earth a few weeks ago.... thumbup

#109007 September 11th, 2005 at 02:08 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
Tammy,
What were some of the key words in your
conversation with the member??
If you do a FORUM SEARCH, type in that word
or words, type in what section you thought you
were in and your name as the display name,
it should help you zero in on whomever you
were talking to!!!!!! thumbup

#109008 September 11th, 2005 at 02:15 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
W
Member
Member
W
Joined: Jul 2005
Thanks Thornius. I just knew Cindy was messing with me. I was all worried I was blinding satellites with my glow-in-the-dark legs:) Actually that would be a neat program. I will check into it later.
TK--You mentioned buying your seeds and bulbs in coffeehouse 73 about page 2 or 3.
Nancy

#109009 September 11th, 2005 at 02:24 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Meg
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
My pictures were really blurry.. couldn't make anything out. *sigh*

#109010 September 11th, 2005 at 04:08 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Joined: Mar 2004
Quote
I just knew Cindy was messing with me.
laugh laugh [Linked Image] laugh laugh p

#109011 September 11th, 2005 at 04:24 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Joined: Mar 2005
lol

#109012 September 11th, 2005 at 08:34 AM
Joined: May 2005
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
Some areas on Google Earth are blurry right now. They use a variety of satellites and airplanes but they are slowly getting them up to the same level of clarity. Try zooming in and out on the pictures to get more detail if you have a bad picture.

#109013 September 11th, 2005 at 08:49 AM
Joined: May 2005
Member
Member
Joined: May 2005
Funny to come across this today - we were just looking at ground zero, and I was giving my partner the NYC tourist tour. It's hard to identify some stuff from the sky!

I didn't think about looking for area 51! laugh

#109014 September 11th, 2005 at 09:08 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2004
Tammy, it was me, I believe. Just wondering what season of stuff you got. No problem in not answering me back. No worries ok!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.060s Queries: 47 (0.053s) Memory: 0.8319 MB (Peak: 0.8709 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-08 05:12:49 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS