This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#110798 November 28th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
You know, it's funny... I'm not too sure about all this silicone bakeware stuff. I think it's wonderful how it all works, and makes cooking so much easier, but... something in the back of my mind says that in 20 years they're gonna come back at us and tell us that it caused cancer or something...

I'm tempted to try it, but am not totally convinced about it yet...

#110799 November 28th, 2005 at 12:35 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Yeah, but look at what they are sayin'
about the teflon coating too now!!! :rolleyes: frown mad

#110800 November 28th, 2005 at 12:39 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Actually I thought that one of the mitts that you can plunge into boiling water and not burn your hand might be cool. I was grating carrots into boiling turkey noodle soup one time.....and the grater slid off the side of the pan and my hand plunged into the boiling broth. I got 2nd degree burns over my whole hand except under my ring, those were 3rd degree and had to have the ring cut off. I don't grate directly into cooking food anymore.

#110801 November 29th, 2005 at 11:31 AM
Hmmm...note to self.

Actually, I don't think I've ever grated into cooking food...I'm a clutz to begin with. laugh

#110802 November 29th, 2005 at 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know, it's funny... I'm not too sure about all this silicone bakeware stuff. I think it's wonderful how it all works, and makes cooking so much easier, but... something in the back of my mind says that in 20 years they're gonna come back at us and tell us that it caused cancer or something...
Lynne, that is my thought exactly. I think it seems neat but I'd rather just stick to good old non stick.....But like Weezie said they are saying bad things about that too--heck it seems like EVERYTHING causes cancer anymore....

There is just something kind of strange about the thought of cooking in silicone.....

#110803 November 29th, 2005 at 11:41 AM
heck it seems like EVERYTHING causes cancer anymore
that's what my husband always says, so he refuses to listen to any of the warnings that have proven tests behind them even... he says that sooner or later EVERYTHING will cause one to die...

the idea of silicone cookware... makes me think of cooking on a breast implant Duh perpl - just tooooo weird! sca

#110804 November 29th, 2005 at 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh Me too Lynne....Silicone=Implants in my mind....

Just the other day mom and dad were telling me how there are reports saying decaf coffee may cause heart problems and be worse than drinking regular.....I drink decaf, have for years....I said to mom, so are you making me a decaf or what?????LOL I mean I've been drinking it for so long, I may as well keep on drinking it. I quit caffeine totally, so if I had a regular coffee I'd be bouncing off the walls.

#110805 November 29th, 2005 at 01:35 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I had to laugh one time because I heard that Americans are the only country who are afraid of eating or doing something because it is bad for rats.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard