Thanks for your comments and the web sites! I especially like the one on beneficial insects. I'm going to save that one.
I may not always be "politically correct" when it comes to certain issues in gardening. Frankly, i care very little about being "politically correct". I usually speak my mind and hope people are not offended or take it too personally. It's about education and i enjoy listening to what everyone else has to say.
I usually do a good job of killing wasps and hornets, but i really see the benefits of having them a around... even though they can be a "pain" .... literally!!!! LOL!
Let me tell u a true story. This is not made up, honest to god..
I was sitting on my front porch one summer evening and it had already turned dark outside. I had the porch light on and was sitting there relaxing on my swinging chair.I saw a [BLEEP] roach racing across the porch floor close to the vinyl siding ([BLEEP] roaches r a common insect in the South, even outdoors!) From the underside of the vinyl siding popped out a scorpian and grabbed the roach. It grabbed it and started eating on it. A few minutes later i saw a toad hopping up the front steps. It came to the area where the scorpian was. The scorpian got scared and started to move away. That very instant, the toad ate both the scorpian with the roach... Someone told me i should have eaten the toad! LOL!!!
Gardendreamer03@aol.com