This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13301 May 12th, 2003 at 11:55 AM
OP Offline
I have been admiring the gorgeous yellow broom that is in bloom along the byways here. Does anyone know if and where it might be sold?

#13302 May 12th, 2003 at 04:55 PM
K
K
Bess, I have the Yello broom that you speoke of growing in my yard in Maryland. Actually I have 2 different kinds. The one is called "LENA'S BROOM". It has red & yellow flowers which are so striking! I am not sure of the name of the yellow one, but the scent is really great. They are such beautiful brooms & I have mine around my pool equiptment as it is so soft & does no scratch you when you brush up against it. It is also so light & airy. To my knowledge, you can only get the brooms in early spring. They can grow up to about 6 feet & also stay green throughout the winter too! Mine were purchased from a nursery in Woodstock, Maryland called Eldrich Nursery. Maybe they can give you more information. Their phone number is 410-922-5700. I don't know if they have a web site or not. Good luck to you. Kathie

#13303 May 13th, 2003 at 04:10 AM
K
K
Bess........Ok, I called the nursery I told you about for your Broom. The yellow broom I have is called "Warminster Broom" which is from the "All Gold" Family. It had deep yellow flowers." It can grow up to 10' but can be trimmed back. If you plant them close tofether of against something they will grow up vs growing wide. I planted my brooms about 4 ft'apart last year & they have filled in to the point they are brushing up against each other now beautifully & also are growing in highth to about 5' now. Ok..good luck to you, but hurry I get them before they are gone. They Warminster Brooms are in full bloom with the deep yellow flowers & the Lena's Broom, with red & yellow flowers, I told you about is just beginning to bloom.

#13304 May 13th, 2003 at 07:33 AM
OP Offline
Thanks, Kathy! Wow, that was some great help. Both kinds sound lovely. I did a search for the Nursery, but couldn't locate a web site, but i will give them a call!
Your pal
Bess smile smile smile

Link Copied to Clipboard