This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14517 April 20th, 2004 at 09:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Dec 2003
I have one of these plants. At the time the salesperson told me that when they start turning brown on the tips to just cut them off and that for some reason, they will always grow back brown. Mine too, have gotten black! eek What's with this plant?

#14518 April 21st, 2004 at 01:03 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2004
I was just reading a web page about TI plants, as I have one too whose leaf tips always brown no matter how I tend to it. You might find this site interesting...this gardener also claims that it is normal for the tips to brown even in perfect growing conditions....I am at a loss myself trying to find a way to keep this from happening. TI Plants

#14519 April 21st, 2004 at 02:59 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
I have 2 of those, and a 3rd that I'm rooting for my daughter - I'll have to admit that the good thing about this plant is that it's easy to root, either in water or in soil.

I find them a bit challenging to care for, but of course I'm no expert! laugh Mine seem to like filtered sun and moderate watering. I've noticed that spraying will make the leaves turn yellow and brown and mushy, so I don't spray it.

One of my plants is 3 years old, and I keep that one at about 2 feet tall. When it gets too long and leggy I just cut off the top and shove it back right into the same pot, so I end up with a nice bushy plant rather than a tall one.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.048s Queries: 19 (0.045s) Memory: 0.7572 MB (Peak: 0.7768 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-01 01:17:06 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS