This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17178 April 2nd, 2004 at 07:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
C
Member
Member
C
Joined: Mar 2004
Does anyone have any advice on keeping my 8 month old cats from destroying my houseplants? I used to have quite a few but the only ones I have left know are my cacti. I really miss having my houseplants around. ters

#17179 April 3rd, 2004 at 05:47 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2004
I have the same problem. My kitty is so bad that when I am watering my plants I can’t even leave the room because he will try to eat them. I have my indoor plants on my fire place mantel and another one on a tall book shelf. Not ideal but it gives me the ability to enjoy my plants and my kitty.

I hope this helps.

#17180 April 8th, 2004 at 12:27 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
P
Member
Member
P
Joined: Oct 2003
:p good luck

mine love to graze on mine.
maybe grow them kitty grass & catnip in the vain attempt that they will only eat 'their' plants?

#17181 April 15th, 2004 at 08:19 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2003
My cat only bothered with certain plants. I have a very large snake plant in my livingroom and she never even gave it a thought. But my dish garden she loves. I had to keep it on top of my fridge for the winter until I can put it back on my closed in porch. The only thing that I was able to do was put the plants she liked in a spot she couldn't reach. Also, the dish garden on the top of the fridge, she could get to if she wanted. She would only bother it there when she saw me watering it. I would have to sneak it so she would forget about it. wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 21 (0.041s) Memory: 0.7638 MB (Peak: 0.7835 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-09-28 11:22:50 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS