This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18730 April 18th, 2004 at 08:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Hi all - newbie here with limited green thumb ability.

I recently got 2 small cala lily plants (they were on the discount rack at the grocery store). I repotted them about 3 weeks ago, but one seems to have a kind of white fuzz on it. It's on the older leaves but also on new leaves when they emerge. It looks like little cotton balls, and when I pick it off or wipe it away it doesn't come back.

I'm thinking I overwatered when I repotted, or maybe the bulb was rotted before I even got the plant.

Any ideas?

#18731 April 19th, 2004 at 02:31 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2003
it sounds to me like you might have mealy bugs?

does it look like this?

If so it's actually a bug and can be treated by spraying with rubbing alchol mixed with water
try 3 parts alchol to 10 parts water in a spray bottle! Spray the plant well (cover every inch of it) every 5 days untill you don't see them anymore!

Ali

#18732 April 20th, 2004 at 04:04 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Yep, it's mealy bugs alright. I've started spraying and can't wait for those lil' critters to scram. Thanks for the help. muggs


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 19 (0.049s) Memory: 0.7560 MB (Peak: 0.7757 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-02 02:26:26 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS