This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19602 January 31st, 2004 at 09:32 PM
G
OP Offline
G
shocked i have been trying to do my homework on moving wild berry plants from one area to another, and haven't found anything. confused we have MANY areas where we have red raspberries, blackberries and another berry that is still yet to be found in the pictures. can these bushes be transplated to another area on the property? How? when? and is there a better time (spring or fall) is it best to keep the different berries separated, or does it even make a difference. Duh thanks gregsgranney

#19603 February 1st, 2004 at 03:05 AM
Hi I'm sure not an expert on berries but when my parents sold their 10 acres some years ago,we took as much of the raspberries with us that we could and if I remeber right we dug them up in the spring.Theres not too much to a dormant raspberrie plant, just get as much of the root with the new canes that you can.So move how ever many you want,give away whats left and till up anything left behind like we did.
And I've been reading alot about berries myself lately cause I want to get into more kinds
and I dont think its ever advisable to mix them much together. I guess theres diseases that can be spread one from the other.Hope this helps some

P.s But make sure to compost and fertilize and soak up those new holes where your going to plant

Link Copied to Clipboard