This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20587 May 21st, 2004 at 04:20 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
My dear friend sent me an e-mail today, which I quote:
--------------------------------------------
Before I go, I was wondering if you know anything about planting
pussywillows in the garden. One of my mother's friends gave her a
small floral arrangement that had a couple of pussywillow branches in
it. After the flowers wilted, I took the branches and placed them in
water and now I have a bunch of tiny roots on each branch. I'm
wondering if I can plant these in the garden and, if so, will they
take. Do you know anything about planting/keeping pussywillow
branches?
----------------------------------------------

Since I know less than nothing about either pussywillows and/or outdoor gardening, I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the experts on this forum shocked All tips, tricks and help will be passed on to my friend of course.

Thanks !

#20588 May 21st, 2004 at 04:42 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
wavey Hey Canadian Crabgrass!!!
You (or they) should be able to just stick in
into the ground right now....
(I'm no expert here buttttttttttt)
willows are one of the easiest things to root...

In fact if you take any other branch/cutting in the spring time, and put that in with a piece of willow into a bucket, it's suppose to have a
(*I don't even have a word, but I'll say "chemical" for the lack of a better word*) that emits from the willow, that allows it to help other plant material grow roots better and faster!!!! (so I've read, never did it myself)

Weezie

#20589 May 21st, 2004 at 04:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
But, keep it away from their house, and ceptic and anywhere's there's water coming or going to their house, willow's are notorious for going for water supplies, and shouldn't be kept close to the house... *even the potty drainage*

But you (they) should put it where there is a wet/swampy~like/not fast drainage place of their yard.
They like water!

Weezie

#20590 May 21st, 2004 at 05:02 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Joined: Aug 2002

#20591 May 21st, 2004 at 05:59 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Thanks a million everyone, and thanks Bill for the link ! I'm sending all that information to my friend right now.

#20592 May 21st, 2004 at 06:29 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
Keep us posted how they do!!! gab

Weezie


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 25 (0.041s) Memory: 0.7738 MB (Peak: 0.7934 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-09-28 08:21:14 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS