This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21246 January 21st, 2004 at 04:49 PM
R
Renee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Yes, I know....i have a few pear begonias which my cousin gave me last year and since I'm trying to get organized, i need a little easy care guidelines for them. I planted 3 in 6hrs sun and 4 in semi shade, neither areas grew very much at all. Are they slow starters? Or do they like more shade? Again, after she gave me a variety of plants, I put them in the ground and figured if they make it in the clay with minimal nuturing then next year I'll focus alot more attention to them. I have this problem... when I spend alot of money and a lot more time on a plant and it hates me anyhow, i get very frustarted! So I figure if it wants to live, it will at least try. I know that sounds mean but some plants that are zoned here, doesn't mean they like it here!!! So i give them good soil and try to give them correct sun, water and when the second year rolls around...i focus on them. Sometimes it's not the plant that doesn't try , sometimes it's the critters that "fancy" them. So i don't get those any more either. Perfect example WERE over a hundred tulip bulbs, that fed the local deer through spring!!! mad So my freebe plants from Maryland or NY have to show me that they like it here! Way off track......back to begonias... Thansk in advance!

#21247 January 26th, 2004 at 03:57 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Pulled this back to the top to see if anyone could give Renee some help!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard