This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21753 July 10th, 2004 at 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, not exactly a plant pest, but a pest none the less. i have 2 dogs that have set area and one that has run of the yard. the smaller (defined area) dogs are covered in fleas and bring them in the house so bad that flea spray on the carpet won't get them out. the area where they go out is a mix of sand, grass (unknown type) and weeds. what can i put down (and/or grow) that won't hurt the dogs, but will stand up to them and GET RID OF FLEAS mad

#21754 July 10th, 2004 at 04:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ooo Jiffy, I don't know the answer but my sister is battling with fleas right now frown ....They had a cat that got out once and it brought back fleas.....She's set of bombs, sprayed, put down this powder stuff and they still aren't all gone..........It's a big fight, she's got rid of them upstairs--now they just seem to be in the basement(where the cat stayed a lot)....Needless to say cat kit is now gone.

#21755 July 10th, 2004 at 08:07 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2003
We have fleas too. I noticed them on my white bathroom floor. I think we bring them in from the grass. We keep our dogs and cats treated but we've been told there's not a lot we can do. So, I called Terminix and they come treat the yard and house every 3 or 4 months. It keeps them under control, but not totally gone.

#21756 July 13th, 2004 at 02:19 PM
Joined: May 2004
N
Member
Member
N
Joined: May 2004
I've got a solution.At least it works every time in my own lawn.I apply Bengal Flea and Tick killer to the area the dog likes to use.I also spray it along the property border,house,and any out buildings.That controls them in the lawn.
As for the house,simply put off a few smoke bombs(while you're gone somewhere).No more fleas or ticks.
I usually have to do this in late spring and later in late summer.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 21 (0.046s) Memory: 0.7570 MB (Peak: 0.7766 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-02 08:02:28 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS