This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21994 March 16th, 2004 at 03:57 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
J
Member
Member
J
Joined: Feb 2004
We have an area that stays wet during times of heavy rain here in NW Florida. We don't have much grass, most of it is naturalized. But we try to fit in the neighborhood with at least a little grass.

If it were somewhere else on the lot, I could use groundcover. But it's right in front of our front door, a walkway. And it looks great with grass.

We have some St. Augustine in other areas that is doing great, but won't survive being drowned at times. I have read that carpetgrass is better adapted to surviving occasional soaking, so have been looking to buy seed.

Every supplier claims to have it right now, but when you check, they say "sold out." I don't know if it's that good and there has been a run on it, or it's so bad that no one wants it! But I'd like to at least try it.

If you know of a source that actually has it in stock right now, I would appreciate your passing contact info to me, as we really need to get this planted as soon as possible.

Gravel is hard to walk on for me, plus it retains the sun's heat, which is just what we don't need here.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

Judith kit kit :

#21995 March 24th, 2004 at 05:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
J
Member
Member
J
Joined: Feb 2004
Well, I found out why I haven't been able to buy carpetgrass seed. According to a major grass seed supplier, this product is grown in Australia, and their last crop failed. Anticipate new supply in July/August.

I guess no one else uses it. There's probably a reason. But I still want to try it for our wet area before going to groundcovers.

Judith lala

#21996 March 24th, 2004 at 05:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey judith, i've heard of it, seen it grown in pensacola, but couldn't begin to tell you about a decent supplier. good luck and let me know how it goes for you!

#21997 March 24th, 2004 at 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey judith, i've heard of carpet grass, even seen it growing when i was a kid in pensacola, but couldn't begin to tell you of a good source. keep us posted ok?


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.055s Queries: 21 (0.052s) Memory: 0.7576 MB (Peak: 0.7773 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-10 01:58:28 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS