This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2004
Y
Junior Member
Junior Member
Y
Joined: Jul 2004
Got some more Water Hyicinths (which is a good thing). smile The other 2 I would like more info on, if possible? I got a realy small Frogbit. Never heard of it. It's kinda like a teeny-weeny Hyicinths. The other in Water Lettuce. Can these keep in cold Massachusetts weather & how? TIA smile

Joined: Jul 2004
Y
Junior Member
Junior Member
Y
Joined: Jul 2004
Anyone? frown

Joined: Apr 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2003
Yvette,
Hi! wavey
I don't know anything about Frogbit. Water lettuce and hyacinths are hard to over winter. Most people treat them as annuals and compost after the frost hits. They are tropical plants. I have tried to over-winter lettuce and hyacinths and the hyacinths molded then died. The lettuce made it but they stayed smaller the next year. They need warm water and a lot of bright light.

frogbit

Hope this helps.
Gardencrazy flw


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.053s Queries: 19 (0.050s) Memory: 0.7562 MB (Peak: 0.7759 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-03 08:25:26 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS