This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23116 August 6th, 2004 at 06:04 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
F
Member
Member
F
Joined: Aug 2004
Ok, I have a back patio with latice around it. Its pretty but plain. The previous owners had planted some kind of plant right outside of it but they are low to the ground. I would love to plant some kind of climbing rose but have no clue how to or when or what kind. I think I am in zone 6 but don't quote me on that. I live in northern Oklahoma. The area gets mainly afternoon sun. And of course I need something that any idiot can grow or it will die. At first I thought of a combination of 4'oclocks, morning glorys and moon flowers but they dont like me. I have tried planting them in other areas of the yard and they just wither and die. Please help me!! eek I so want pretty flowers out there.

#23117 August 6th, 2004 at 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the prettiest rose climing rose i have seen is the lady banks rose. another good plant for climbing (although i don't know about your zone) is mandevilla (beautiful flowers). all kinds of jassmine is good and i am sure that there are others. seems like hyacinth bean is one too!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 17 (0.049s) Memory: 0.7506 MB (Peak: 0.7703 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-04 01:03:43 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS