This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23495 November 3rd, 2004 at 09:43 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2004
A guy in my home club found a Cercropia Moth Caterpillar in his lilac Bush and took a photo for us to look at. I thought you all might be interested in some info I found both on that caterpillar and poisonous ones!! Forewarned is forearmed!! hehehe

Cercropia Moth Caterpillar

Info about Poisonous kinds of caterpillars.

I saw a Saddleback Caterpillar this summer on one of my Hollyhocks. thumbup

#23496 November 4th, 2004 at 01:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Member
Member
Joined: Sep 2002
Here we have to deal with the Brown-tail Moth which the caterpillar has tiny,fine, hairs that when released into the air and come in contact with people can and most often do , cause a red itchy rash much like poison ivy. I've even read of people having respitory problems from it. Ugh, it eats up apple and oak trees and many others. :p :p


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.061s Queries: 17 (0.059s) Memory: 0.7509 MB (Peak: 0.7706 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-04 12:14:01 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS