This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23770 August 14th, 2004 at 02:15 AM
Joined: May 2004
W
Member
Member
W
Joined: May 2004
We have a circle drive that looked kind of empty so we decided this year to plant a flower bed in the middle. Our first effort and now we are hooked. We enjoyed doing it so much we want to keep the blooms coming till frost. I think we are peak now so in zone 5 what would be some ideas for later bloomers? Not a Mum fan but open to all others ..thanks///Wooden new garden

#23771 August 14th, 2004 at 03:35 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
How beautiful! I'm going to put in a rock garden this fall. I hope it turns out as pretty as your new garden. I'm new to gardening, don't have any input (sorry), just wanted to say what a good job you've done!

#23772 August 14th, 2004 at 04:00 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2004
That is very pretty.

I know marigolds go for a long time and they're a nice fall flower. I'm in Toronto where the frost might come at the end of October.

I've seen marigolds poking up out of the snow - they just won't quit.

Mine didn't do well this year though - the squirrels ate 'em as fast as I could put them in.

#23773 August 14th, 2004 at 04:07 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
Very nice garden.

Here are a few plants that will flower until the frost kills them.

coreopsis
hardy dwarf asters
nonstop begonia
dianthis(probably not spelled right, have not had enough coffee yet) zzzzz

Hope this helps some


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.078s Queries: 21 (0.075s) Memory: 0.7636 MB (Peak: 0.7833 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-10 19:40:40 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS