This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23876 May 1st, 2004 at 05:41 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L
Joined: Apr 2004
Hi,
I posted a question yesterday, but I gues it was in the wrong place. I planted 2 dropmore scarlet honeysuckles last spring. They were about 12-15" tall and grew to about 6'. I was so pleased with them as they attracted a lot of hummingbirds. My question is, should they be pruned? and if so, when and how? Also, when should growth be starting this spring. I check everyday and there is no sign of anything yet. Maybe they winter killed, or perhaps I am being over anxious

#23877 May 1st, 2004 at 03:17 PM
P
Member
Member
P
Joined: Jul 2003
Welcome to The Gardener's Forum.

I don't grow this plant, but found this info from the University of wisconsin:

http://www.midwestlandscapeplants.org/plantdetails.cfm?speciesid=662

Check the table for blooming time & other details.

On pruning:
Quote
When overgrown, this vine maybe renewed by cutting it back 1' - 1-1/2' above the ground level just above a few strong buds. This rigorous pruning should only be done when the vine is dormant, late fall to early spsring.

#23878 May 2nd, 2004 at 12:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L
Joined: Apr 2004
Hi Papito
Thank you for finding this helpful info on dropmore honeysuckles. Your help is much appreciated wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.046s Queries: 19 (0.044s) Memory: 0.7576 MB (Peak: 0.7772 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-07 05:33:12 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS