This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29946 January 15th, 2005 at 08:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
I have two different types of Ivy that I bought about 2 years ago. They both have stopped growing. The leaves are green on both and I water them every few weeks but there hasn't been any growth on them for about a year. What should I do about this?

I am also needing to repot all my house plants, as I have neglected them the past year (besides watering). I am wondering if repotting these two will help or damage them anymore?

Thanks in advance.
Keri

#29947 January 15th, 2005 at 08:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
A
Member
Member
A
Joined: Jan 2005
It might help. A big thing with most ivies is the amount of light you're giving them. Whatcha can do is put them in a sunnier location. Sometimes ivies have this thing where they'll be not growing, not growing, not growing, not growing, BOOM growing!!! Well that's been the case with me and all my friends' ivy lol. But ya, maybe more light would help?

#29948 January 16th, 2005 at 01:25 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
It is funny you mentioned that because I have moved both plants around every once in a while to try and get it to grow. I just don't know what to do.

Can someone please explain root rot a little more in depth for me?

Thanks,
Keri

#29949 January 16th, 2005 at 03:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Keri,
i'm not sure if your ivy question and root rot query are related or not, so pardon me if this info is inconsequential. here is ivy link with lots of nice info. is it possible that your ivy plants are rootbound?

http://www.ivy.org/care.html

i'm not too familiar with root rot either, thankfully;), but here is another link that may help.

http://www.ces.purdue.edu/extmedia/BP/BP-55.html

#29950 January 16th, 2005 at 03:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
me again,
found another ivy link for you, and off of this site too, so it must be good!

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/growingivy.html

#29951 January 16th, 2005 at 05:07 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
wavey

#29952 January 16th, 2005 at 06:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi again Keri!
okay, this is gonna be a hard one for me as i'm totally winging it myself, LOL. i don't usually follow all the rules, so i am going to paste a few more links for you here, and let you decide.

http://www.susansgardenpatch.com/indoor.htm

http://www.taunton.com/finegardening/pages/g00063.asp

best of luck to you, and i can't wait for the results!

#29953 January 16th, 2005 at 06:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
me, again, i know, i'm ridiculous, sca
this is off-topic, but i just sent you some links for your indoor roses on your other post. this is so much fun! too much, i need a job, LOL. no, i need to go to bed! good luck, Keri!

#29954 January 16th, 2005 at 06:24 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
LOL!! My hubby keeps telling me I am going to have to get a job if I don't quit messing with these plants and buying new ones, LOL!

I am headed to bed now, I will look at the links tomorrow! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Good Night All,
Keri

#29955 January 16th, 2005 at 09:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Amy,

I read those other two links you provided and have come to the decision that I will wait till spring to repot these. Both of the sites stated that spring is best but can do it when it needs to be done. I figured with the way my luck is going right now with my plants, it might be best to wait till spring!

OH I CAN'T WAIT!! LOL!

Thanks for the info! Your the best!
Keri muggs

#29956 January 18th, 2005 at 02:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Keri,
i'm glad you found the links helpful! i just noticed that you were in louisiana, so what time of year is spring for you folks? here in tucson it's just around the corner. anyway, i was thinking that it might be soon for you too. so good luck, you are going to do great, and your ivies will thrive because of it. keep us posted!

#29957 January 18th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
HEY!! spring starts in March here in Louisiana so it is just around the corner and I CANT WAIT!!! I am sure I will put my ivies in shock and they will feel brand new, considering all I have done is watered them the last 2 years, LOL! This is so much fun! I am just now starting to get into all this because I work at home now and have alot of time on my hands. It is funny because when I was younger I laughed at my mother while she was gardening and look at me now. She is the one who is laughing at me now! LOL!

Thanks for the kind words and all your help! YOUR THE BEST!

Keri thumbup


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.067s Queries: 37 (0.062s) Memory: 0.7982 MB (Peak: 0.8179 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:54:01 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS