This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2005
I have a bathroon with one window facing the west and I don't have a clue what type of plant would be suited best. So far, I have a a golden potho on the shelve, but are there any ideas out there? thank you.
Mrs.b flw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mrs.b, you have so many options. a peace lily, a fern, a draceana (there are several types out there), and on and on and on. any plant you are partial to, just check to make sure it will take the humidity of a bathroom (bromiliads are good, cactus is bad laugh ) it all depends on how much space you have and how much fooling you want to do with it.

other than that, that is an ideal spot for your plants.

Joined: Aug 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2005
Ferns you say? I have never had any luck with them period. Always end up killing them. I was going to attempt to put a Lipstick plant in then remember that they like my golfish plant, need that south sun right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lipstick plant might do okay in a west facing window. They need bright indirect light with a couple hours of direct sunlight. Too hot a window and lipsticks crispy fry. (Been there, done that. lala )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does the room get lots of light or just a little?

Joined: Aug 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2005
Hi All,
It greats average light (you know what you would expect from a west facing window) However in my case I have over hanging awnings on the house sou that blocks some sun.
I would say it is of average light.
I purchased a small lily(?) one I could set on a shelve and will use it as a trial plant.
mrs.b

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what kind of lily? peace lily? (spath...) or something else. an african violet does well in bathrooms too, and they like the west windows very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you could also get an orchid - i wouldn't put it on the windowsill tho...off to the side would be good, tho.

wandering jew should do well also.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 29 (0.052s) Memory: 0.7731 MB (Peak: 0.7928 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-04 23:03:25 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS