This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41635 May 22nd, 2006 at 03:24 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
P
Member
Member
P
Joined: Apr 2006
I bought two sempervivums yesterday. Have potted them in a shallow tray. This is my first go at succulents. Any suggestions? Can I keep it indoors as a table decoration?

#41636 May 22nd, 2006 at 06:14 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
M
Member
Member
M
Joined: Jan 2005
They want a lot of sun to keep their shape and color, and a cooler winter period. I supose it depends upon your table wink . The shallow tray is good, let them get quite dry between waterings. Sun will be your challenge, but since you can move them if your table doesn't get direct sun, put them in the sun for a few weeks and use cut flowers for your table. When the flowers die, put them back, then move them into the sun again in a week ot two. I grow mine outdoors in full sun. They don't mind the -10F, I don't know what they actually need for winter. Good luck!

#41637 May 22nd, 2006 at 06:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
P
Member
Member
P
Joined: Apr 2006
Thanks very much.

#41638 June 2nd, 2006 at 12:09 PM
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
They prefer sun and sandy soil.

dodge


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.046s Queries: 21 (0.043s) Memory: 0.7629 MB (Peak: 0.7826 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-07 01:44:18 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS