This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2004
M
Member
Member
M
Joined: Jun 2004
I hate just having the dirt. Some of my plants have pretty big pots now, and i would like to dress them up a bit. Would mulch promote mold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mulch can promote pests so isn't the best idea to use for indoor plants. A better idea is to use Spanish moss or decorative pebbles.

Joined: Aug 2003
AV Queen
AV Queen
Joined: Aug 2003
I prefer to use pebbles or even sand to dress up the tops of my pots, with the added bonus of retaining moisture and discouraging fungus gnats.

Joined: Nov 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
I use Spanish moss, it helps maintain the moisture in the soil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always use those river rocks in my bigger plants.....I think they were 97 cents a bag at walmart.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.048s Queries: 23 (0.045s) Memory: 0.7620 MB (Peak: 0.7817 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-09-28 08:20:43 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS