This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51900 April 18th, 2006 at 10:24 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C
Joined: Apr 2006
I was out today to rake my lawn and I have many brown spots. I started raking over the brown spots and all the dead sod just seperated from the ground and rolled up. I can send photos to anyone that is interested and can think they cvan help. Thanx.
Rich

#51901 April 19th, 2006 at 12:02 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Could it be grubs? I get spots and use the grubx and it seems to work.
I am sure you will get more responce... I am also sure someone will shake their finger at the chemicals wavey
Welcome to the forum Rich I am sure you will love it here as much as all of us do!! flw flw

#51902 April 19th, 2006 at 01:43 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Oh yeah and photobucket.com you can post your pictures for free

#51903 April 19th, 2006 at 02:41 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
J
Member
Member
J
Joined: Aug 2005
Was it recently sodded?

#51904 April 20th, 2006 at 01:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like grubs to me. grubx would be the proper treatment.

if they are japanese beetle grubs, there's something specific for them - can't remember the name of the product at the moment, tho.

any good garden center would be able to help you out. and the package for the jb grubs has pictures on it of what the grub looks like (it's a pretty darn BIG grub, considering the size of the beetle)

edit: just saw it in another post. milky spore for japanese beetle grubs.

#51905 April 20th, 2006 at 08:54 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2006
wavey Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here to The Gardner's Forum. I have a lawn question. Last week after a full year, my husband and I decided to put up a fence to block our 3 dogs out of most of the back yard. They really trompeled it down to dead grass and dirt. We have been watering it really well after fertilizing and seeding it. Already I am seeing a difference.

Is there anyway to speed the growing process, and when can I mow the already thick established grass without harming the new sprouts?

Take care and thank you.

#51906 April 20th, 2006 at 10:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
O
Member
Member
O
Joined: Apr 2004
Fertilization will speed things along. I use a granular organic fertilizer made from poultry manure. I also spray every 3 weeks during the summer with a mix recommended by Jerry Baker:

1 cup ammonia
1 can beer
1/2 c. dish soap (lemon scented Ajax)
1/2 c. liquid lawn fertilizer (fish emulsion and
seaweed mix)
1/2 c. corn syrup

If you can, wait till the new grass is 3 inches tall before you mow.

#51907 April 21st, 2006 at 07:37 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2006
johnCT, no it's definately not a grub problem, it's 3 dogs running/playing problem. But, I think we're making a comeback with it. Thank you.

#51908 April 21st, 2006 at 07:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
J
Member
Member
J
Joined: Aug 2005
Quote
Originally posted by Fawnice:
johnCT, no it's definately not a grub problem, it's 3 dogs running/playing problem. But, I think we're making a comeback with it. Thank you.
Why was my post deleted?


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.054s Queries: 31 (0.050s) Memory: 0.7861 MB (Peak: 0.8058 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-02 09:45:36 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS