This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54048 January 6th, 2006 at 10:53 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Do you have this planted in your yard? I started out with about 6 plants from a local nursery. These plants are pretty but they sure can take over a flower bed. The seed are unseen with the naked eye, even with glasses & magifying glass, LOL. I have babies coming up in the gravel, between bricks on patio, just all over the place. The only thing I do not like is when they freeze, its ugly. I have to cut them all back to the ground...(good food for the cattle). I am about good & ready to dig up all of them & trash them. Too much work involved.

I think I would like a plain simple plant that does not freeze, stays pretty & green all year with very little maintenance. I think I found that in the cast iron plant. You see them planted around those gracious live oak trees on old homesites.

#54049 January 6th, 2006 at 11:21 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2004
Is Mexican Heather the purple one or is it the pink one that smells so good? My aunt gave me some seeds for the pink, but I haven't planted them yet...

Dianna


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.055s Queries: 17 (0.052s) Memory: 0.7521 MB (Peak: 0.7717 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-05 14:49:47 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS