This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56613 February 18th, 2006 at 01:20 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2003
I've got some pics loaded in my yahoo.spring blooms 2006 I got daff photos of those daffs I dug last spring.If anyone knows which ones they are I'd love to know.they are fragrant.
Also in same albulm is a pair of pictures a close up& a shot beside the gate.These were about finished blooming when were dug and looked like rip van winkle.they've been slowly doing what-ever its doing,but its still pretty green and this is like 4-5 weeks now(the earliest pic I have is 1/12 and the one thats opened if it can be called that was at the other clumps stage about then)I've not ran about Ms Ds yard to see if hers like this are doing the same or not.Her whites with the ball type form of flowers look real nice lined up by boat house(If the spiderwort don't gobble them up...lol)also those gate posts have fresher concrete like about 2 yr old(If lime could be factor)
I'll get another shot of my yellow one.Its outer edge gets lighter with age.it lightened alot yesterday,but didn't snap a shot yet.and my galinthus are late.I've got 1 whole flower up.will also be a few more daffs in a few weeks.My early ones are about faded.I have some tall and some short that look alike flowerwise too.

yep is a bougainvillia bloom.It has 3 left.leaves are off& should re spring to life about May.I'm going to trim her back this year(2 stems are air layered)& by end of June she'll go to blooming again till Feb :rolleyes:
Also crown of thorns.its still blooming too.it should start getting some new growth soon.
Mother-of-thousands has opened its 1st flower(hard 2 shoot)Its took about 2 months from bud to flower if not 3.
wavey http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03 wavey

#56614 February 18th, 2006 at 02:38 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Sep 2005
wavey


great pictures thumbup flw flw flw

do you still have any honeysuckle seeds left?
pm--me and let me know?

happy gardening flw
Penny

#56615 February 18th, 2006 at 02:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2004
Great Pictures wavey
My Daffodils are no-where near like yours are!!

#56616 February 18th, 2006 at 08:46 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2003
We're having an early spring too. My daffs are blooming right along with the crocus.

#56617 February 19th, 2006 at 11:50 PM
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2003
I'd assume most all of mine blooming right now are early bloomers& the larger yellow its a mid season one,just a plain ole buttercup.I'm gonna divide it this year and spread about a lil under the apple tree& bury a lil deeper to see if helps with its floppyness.

#56618 February 24th, 2006 at 12:14 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
N
Member
Member
N
Joined: Nov 2005
My crocuses are just now starting to show up:

[Linked Image]
(as of this morning - Feb 23)

#56619 February 24th, 2006 at 12:36 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2003
Well.....the crocus that I planted on time....has just a few sprouts,maybe 4 out of 25& I sowed a bag of yellow crocus yesterday.
my snowflakes/galinthus.the original "circle" has foliage& no blooms yet....BUT the few I moved around the 2 rose bushes last year ARE blooming& they only moved about 2 ft& in the center of the ring is either 12 or 15 snow crocus& no sign yet.

I have one clump of daffs that is just foliage,no flowers or notheing yet.
my next bulb2bloom should be either the alluims or iris.I have some white iris(they actually stay evergreen Yr round)and another thats proably same type that is white with a lil purple& yellow& bearded.


so anyone regognize them daffs?I like the one with the flowers kinda in a ball form and is like 12 lil flowers forming it.I'd like some more of them.

#56620 February 28th, 2006 at 02:05 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2003
Here's the one that gets lighter around the edges as it ages.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/njoynit/yellow2tonedaff.jpg


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 29 (0.047s) Memory: 0.7867 MB (Peak: 0.8064 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-01 00:25:16 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS