This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64460 April 28th, 2006 at 04:22 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Duh Ok I need some help,
I think I have over watered my spider plant and killed it?
I got the plant on the 12 of April as a gift from my boyfriend, it was already in bad shape so I watered it and gave it house plant food (miracle grow).Well the leaves are browning and wilting. I have not given it any more water and have put it in a sunny spot but not in direct sunlight.
Is it doomed? Have i murdered my anniversary gift?
Oh some one please help, i am so sad and don't know how to help my beloved plant......
I will post pictures tomorrow so it can be seen.
Thanks to all who try and help!!!
Winter

#64461 April 29th, 2006 at 03:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it rootbound? if you see roots growing out of the bottom of the container, i'd put it in a larger pot!

twofold help there - you'll spread out the overly moist roots AND give them new soil to get some nutrition from!

#64462 May 2nd, 2006 at 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, first pardon the goofy spaces. i'm on a computer with a keyboard from h*ll.

you need to pick the plant up out of the pot. look at the roots. they shouldd be the color and consistancy of a peeled potato. but they will be about the size of a child's little finger. also, you don't want to feed a sick plant. you should either repot it or wash out the extra fertilizer you put in it. then let it slightly dry between waterings.

#64463 May 2nd, 2006 at 04:34 PM
From what I have learned- spider plants like to dry out a bit between waterings. Trust me- I killed a prickly pear before I learned my lesson. Mine also seem to prefer to be slightly rootbound... it throws babies left and right! Good luck!

#64464 May 7th, 2006 at 05:23 AM
thanks for the great tips....

#64465 May 8th, 2006 at 04:28 AM
R
R
its not a good idea to give it feeder if the plant has been repoted latey, very young because i let my plants settle in before i give them feeder so that could be the probem.

so if i was u i would live it unwater 4 a week or 2 before repoting it because it may recover

Link Copied to Clipboard