This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2006
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2006
I have just received quite a few plants from michigan bulb...

One of which is a Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue'. I have 3 very small plants. I was wondering a good size container for these and also if I could put them all in one or if they should be in separate containers? I'd like to put them in the smallest put that would still be okay... As I said they are very small now and will probably take some time to grow... which I then could eventually transplant to a bigger container...

Also, I have some of those mini citrus trees coming and was wondering about pot size for those also...

I am also attempting to grow trumpet vines in a container... I know they tend to get big... but they a virtually sticks at the moment... any container ides for those?

Please don't say to grow these in a garden instead of a container... as there is no garden to plant them in...

Joined: Feb 2006
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2006
I grow all of my dwarf citrus trees in 24 inch pots. A dwarf variety can spend its entire life in a pot this size without becoming pot bound.
The trumpet vine can live in a pot 12 inches or more, however when it becomes root bound you'll have to root prune, trim leaves and replant with fresh soil.
I don't know anything about hydrangeas.
Will you be keeping the citrus in full sun? They need full sun and warmth. I hope you got a Meyer lemon ! ?


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 17 (0.053s) Memory: 0.7526 MB (Peak: 0.7723 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-09 23:09:56 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS