This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80895 April 28th, 2006 at 03:11 AM
OP Offline
Hello friends,
I have a rubber plant which I brought home 1.5 yrs ago, and since then it has been quite happy and growing well. It has three branches, which are growing vertically upward, and soon will look quite out of proportion. I want it to get more of horizontal density, so was wondering if this is the right time to prune it. Also I have no idea how to prune a plant. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
I am attaching pictures of my plant so that you have an idea how it looks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks a bunch
Deepanwita

#80896 April 28th, 2006 at 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's absolutely beautiful just as it is!!!

personally, i wouldn't do a thing to it!!

#80897 April 28th, 2006 at 12:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most anytime works with a rubber plant (ficus elastica) but now is good. to get some horizontal fullness, i would cut about 1/3 off the top of one or more of the main stems, and put them in the same pot. they will root, givng the pot some fullness, and the bottoms will branch also. water as normal after the cutting. but be careful of the sap. it can irritate as it is what rubber used to be made out of.

OP Offline
Thank you for your suggestions smile

Deepanwita

Link Copied to Clipboard