This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84093 March 31st, 2005 at 02:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
I received both of these plants from friends as starts but I don't know what the real names are. Any ideas?

Plants

#84094 March 31st, 2005 at 02:56 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2004
The link didn't work for me, zbawic. Looks like your sign in page.

Dianna

#84095 March 31st, 2005 at 03:04 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
Let's try this again.....

second try

#84096 March 31st, 2005 at 03:46 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Joined: Mar 2005
Are they some kind of ficus ... or do I just have ficus on the brain because I was looking at them most of the morning?

Whatever they are, I envy you both plants they are gorgeous.

#84097 March 31st, 2005 at 04:18 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
The first one looks like some kind of a Begonia of some sort..

The second one looks like some kind of a Kalanchoe

Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh

Weezie

#84098 March 31st, 2005 at 05:32 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2003
I am with Weezie on this.

Begonia(maybe a rex or angelwing type) and kalanchoe.

Gardencrazy flw

#84099 March 31st, 2005 at 06:22 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Joined: Mar 2005
I don't see to well.

Here's a begonia link, is this what the leaves look like?

B. Paul Hernandez

#84100 March 31st, 2005 at 07:33 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
Yes, the kalanchoe looks like the plant the start came from.
I posted another picture of the begonia on the web. It's a close up of a leaf so the detail is more apparent. From the previous link, it looks most like a 'silvermist' but the leaves are much smoother.
Begonia

#84101 March 31st, 2005 at 08:04 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
O
Member
Member
O
Joined: Apr 2004
Yup, the first picture looks just like my angelwing begonia and the second looks like kalanchoe.

#84102 March 31st, 2005 at 08:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2003
How about Sophia???

Gardencrazy flw

Angel Wing Begonia "Sophia"

#84103 March 31st, 2005 at 03:35 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2004
I don't know anything except that they are beautiful plants! You can send them to me if you get tired of them.... wink

Dianna

#84104 March 31st, 2005 at 05:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Joined: Mar 2005
I'll share dixie angel. You can have them one week and me the next? grinnnn

#84105 March 31st, 2005 at 08:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
Thanks, it's been a fun plant to keep alive - the fungus gnats love it! Seems to do better in the sunlight, the leaves are much bigger and the color is deeper. Problem is that it burns easily. I've tried to find other varieties of begonias in the local garden sections but they seem scarce here. Idaho's climate might be too dry and thus the tendency to burn.

#84106 March 31st, 2005 at 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the begonia looks like the new hybrid angel wing called "dragon wing" i had one, but killed it frown

#84107 March 31st, 2005 at 10:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2004
Quote
Originally posted by tkhooper:
I'll share dixie angel. You can have them one week and me the next? grinnnn
Sounds like a plan to me. Wonder if zbawic will go for that?

Dianna

#84108 April 3rd, 2005 at 12:18 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
I don't know that the plant could handle that much travel. grinnnn


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.068s Queries: 45 (0.064s) Memory: 0.8205 MB (Peak: 0.8560 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-11 08:52:30 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS