This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86767 May 11th, 2004 at 09:57 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
You guys have amazed me with your knowledge and helpfulness when someone has a question or needs help. Can I pick your collective brains for a sec? I got a cutting from Mom of a plant that has thin, opaque stems (like thin bean sprouts), with 3 connected purple leaves at the end that from the side look like arrowheads, but from the top look like a tristar (think of a Mercedes Benz logo). I know it will have small flowers in the middle of the purple leaves, and IIRC they're white. Mom doesn't remember where she got it, how long ago, or anything else about it. Not only do I not know what it is, but I don't know if it needs any special care. Can anyone give me some info? Thanks in advance, and apologies for the unorthodox descriptions. confused (P.S. There's no green in this plant at all, if that helps in ID'ing it.)

#86768 May 11th, 2004 at 02:17 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Joined: Mar 2004
Could it be a purple shamrock?
My daughter borrowed my camera that other day, or I'd put a photo here for you to look at. Sounds like what you described.

Did you actually take a cutting, or dig a little of it up?

#86769 May 11th, 2004 at 02:55 PM
Joined: Mar 2003
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Joined: Mar 2003
I probably won't be able to help on this one.... but is it an indoor or outdoor plant? wavey

#86770 May 13th, 2004 at 12:46 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2003

#86771 May 14th, 2004 at 03:06 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Yay! That's it! We dug up a small piece, it wasn't a cutting (my bad). I've already got new shoots coming up! Thanks for your help, gang :-)


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.053s Queries: 23 (0.050s) Memory: 0.7687 MB (Peak: 0.7884 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-03 20:04:37 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS