This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#91456 July 28th, 2004 at 02:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C
Joined: Jul 2004
A gift from a friend, but our language barrier makes it difficult for me to understand what this plant is...I only know that this can be a "bonsai" specimen, and that currently, I am not making this plant very happy.

[img]http://rjsnetworks.com/rjs/imagehos...1-7469b8bb62b8&type=0&imgsrc=110[/img]

#91457 July 29th, 2004 at 02:48 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C
Joined: Jul 2004
Well thanks to the input of Ryan McNew of Shoal Creek Succulents
I know my plants are Jatropha podagaricas, or Buddha Belly plants.

Thanks to Ryan for taking the time to help someone who isn't a customer (yet).

I highly suggest a visit to their site they have an awesome succulent collection, obvious expertise, and great prices.

Ya, it's a plug, but he didn't have to take the time to answer my questions, but did.

#91458 July 29th, 2004 at 03:35 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
Have we had the pleasure of meeting Ryan McNew here???

I'm usually pretty good with names, but
don't remember seeing it................

Any chance we can get him to stop by and say hi!!
And welcome himself to the forum????
Always happy to have a gardener here who knows their "stuff"!!!!!!!!

Weezie

#91459 July 29th, 2004 at 03:42 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
Calzgal,
And Welcome yourself too!!
Glad you found us!!!

Weezie

#91460 July 29th, 2004 at 04:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C
Joined: Jul 2004
I'll extend an invitation to Ryan, Weezie! I've only been here a week or so, so I'm not sure if he's ever stopped by to share in the community.

And thanks for the welcome. grinnnn

#91461 July 30th, 2004 at 06:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2004
It's always nice to have a 'succulents expert' around so you can pick his brains.

Hi - I'm still kinda' new here. It's a great place.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 25 (0.046s) Memory: 0.7713 MB (Peak: 0.7910 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-09-30 22:13:04 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS