This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9151 March 21st, 2003 at 06:02 PM
A
amy f Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi. I have two rubber plants. The leaves have all fallen off. There appears to be new growth on some of the nubs...When I squeeze the trunks, they feel soft. I cut off a bad part of one of the trunks (it was black and shriveled) and I could see how the outside of the trunk was separated from the inside - rotted? The stems of the leaves turn yellowish before they drop. Some of the leaves that drop are yello, some are normal looking. Some are dry and shriveled. I bought an insecticide/fungicide from target and used it all (according to the directions) and nothing has helped. Can any of you savy gardeners help me before my two beautiful plants croak forever? Thanks

#9152 April 13th, 2003 at 11:56 PM
C
C
I have a rubber tree that I grew from a leaf. It is about six feet tall now. I had problems of too much water. Now i tend to let it dry out and then let it soak up water from a large tray i put under it. Also, how long have you had your trees? If they haven't been repotted, you might check them for being root bound.

Link Copied to Clipboard