This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#92806 May 2nd, 2005 at 03:46 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
I am trying to find out what the names of these plants are. The five-pointed leaf and "hairy" stem detail photos are the same plant; the heart-shaped is another. Any ideas? plants

#92807 May 2nd, 2005 at 03:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not certain but they both look like philadendrons (the 5-lobed one maybe a split-leaf?). Someone more knowledgeable should be along soon with a positive identification.

#92808 May 2nd, 2005 at 05:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2004
I definately think the one on the right is a philodendron; not sure about the other one-nice looking plants-good luck

#92809 May 3rd, 2005 at 02:16 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
R
Member
Member
R
Joined: Apr 2005
#1 may be a young monstera pertusa

#2 'heartleaf' philodendron

monstera

#92810 May 4th, 2005 at 05:31 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
It's not a philodendron, I have a heart-leafed and it's not the same. The new leaves branch off from the stems of the previous new leaf rather than growing out of a sheath like the philodendrons that I have do. This seems to be a common plant as I've seen them often but everybody calls it something different. Befuddling. confused

#92811 May 5th, 2005 at 02:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
zbawic,

the first photo shows a Philodendron hybrid, probably a cross betwen Philodendron squamiferum and P. laciniatum. It is sometime called Florida Philodendron. It's closest relative is the fiddle-leafed Philodendron.

It is hard to tell from the other photo just what you have, but it appears to be a Philodendron microstrictum.

#92812 May 5th, 2005 at 04:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
Thanks will. From the pictures that I've found of the Philodendron squamiferum, that's the correct name of the first picture. I'll get a better picture of the second one and post it.

#92813 May 7th, 2005 at 02:55 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Joined: Mar 2004
Quote
Philodendron squamiferum and P. laciniatum
Philodendron microstrictum
Ooooooooooh, Will!
I love it when you talk like that! shocked

wink

#92814 May 7th, 2005 at 04:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, Cindy! You should be spanked.

#92815 May 8th, 2005 at 04:38 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2005
Here's a couple more pictures of the "microstrictum."
Also, I included a couple pictures of my nerve plant. Any idea why it's getting little holes in the leaves? No pests are present that I can see and I've sprayed it to ensure that. Pics

#92816 August 6th, 2005 at 11:02 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
Zbawic,
Quote
Album Not Found
We're sorry, but the online album you're looking for is unavailable. The owner may have deleted the album after sharing it with you, or the link you used may be incorrect.

To view the album, please contact the person who originally shared the album with you and ask them to share it again.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 35 (0.048s) Memory: 0.7929 MB (Peak: 0.8126 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-07 13:16:57 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS