This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94653 December 13th, 2005 at 11:28 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/country_gentlewoman/detail?.dir=/13fe&.dnm=849f.jpg&.src=ph
Duh
WHO KNOWS THE NAME? 2005.......ALSO WHAT IS THE NAME OF MY BUTTERFLY.. I WAS TOLD NOT MONARCH.
parte
THANKS PALS........
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND OUR SWEET STAFF!.
DODGE........ luv

#94654 December 13th, 2005 at 11:53 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2004
Dunno about the butterfly, but it looks like a day lily to me. They come in all colors but I have seen the orange around the most.

#94655 December 13th, 2005 at 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with Triss...It looks like a Daylilly to me. I believe the butterfly is a Swallowtail.

#94656 December 13th, 2005 at 08:53 PM
Joined: Apr 2003
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Joined: Apr 2003
Dodge,
We call 'em "Roadside Lilies"
(in the Tiger lily catagory)
Tough as nails, drought tolerant..

#94657 December 13th, 2005 at 11:18 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
R
Member
Member
R
Joined: Apr 2005
yes on lily + tiger swallowtail

#94658 December 14th, 2005 at 12:14 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Member
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
I concur with the above answers.

#94659 December 14th, 2005 at 04:07 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2003
The name of the lily is hemerocallis fulva.

#94660 December 14th, 2005 at 11:56 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
angell All I know is the box said lily bulbs.
luv
Merry Christmas Everyone........
dodge

#94661 December 14th, 2005 at 11:07 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
R
Member
Member
R
Joined: Apr 2005
no, asiatic lily.

#94662 December 15th, 2005 at 10:23 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
thumbup
Thats correct , how nice they smell.....I didnt know they did, till some neighbor told me ..We was having a yard sale, and every person who passed it , stopped and smelled it ????I had to ask why.. frown
I didnt know the name and everyone wanted one>. I only had one.......Long bloomers too.
cool
Thanks......
Sleep tight ..it is -2 here in penna.
dodge

#94663 December 15th, 2005 at 11:37 AM
Joined: May 2005
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
The Buttefly is an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. Here is a picture I took of one a few months back in a neighbor's flower bed.

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
[Linked Image]

#94664 December 16th, 2005 at 08:17 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
wavey wavey

I think your 100% correct.......The photos are pretty much alike..(Only yours is better0 ;o)

Do you have a photo of a MOnarch?
flw
dodge

#94665 December 16th, 2005 at 09:26 AM
Joined: May 2005
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Joined: May 2005
Nope, no Monarchs......YET!!!

#94666 December 16th, 2005 at 10:46 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Joined: Aug 2002

#94667 December 17th, 2005 at 02:14 AM
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2005
Duh
MAYBE I WONT LOOK? confused
THANKS
DODGE

#94668 December 28th, 2005 at 10:06 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Yes, the Monarch is in PA. I live about an hour north west of Philadelphia and get Monarchs on my butterfly bush. I also get your Swallowtail.

Your orange day lily is pretty...I have many of them in my back yard and mine have double and triple blooms!

Here are some pictures of mine:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#94669 December 28th, 2005 at 10:12 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Member
Member
Joined: Feb 2004
I forgot to tell you...your daylilies should multiply every year. They send out runner roots and grow new babies every spring. I get an over abunance of them and pull them up for my neighbor...she loves them.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.059s Queries: 47 (0.054s) Memory: 0.8265 MB (Peak: 0.8675 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-04 15:15:30 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS