This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99000 August 21st, 2004 at 12:45 AM
Joined: May 2004
M
Member
Member
M
Joined: May 2004
You can find the berries I am speaking of in my mystery plant folder and also in my plants folder. They are Blue and grow in clusters. The birds seem to enjoy them very much, cardinal and Blue jays are seen on them often. But what are they? Bay berries, a wild blue berry? Are they edible, or toxic to humans?

http://community.webshots.com/user/mikizinaniisii

Miki

#99001 August 21st, 2004 at 01:13 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Joined: Mar 2004
???
The pic titled "Wine Berry"?

There's not a mystery plant folder that I could see. Duh

Cindy

#99002 August 21st, 2004 at 12:37 PM
Joined: May 2004
M
Member
Member
M
Joined: May 2004
Think I have it fixed now.

Miki

#99003 August 21st, 2004 at 02:21 PM
P
Member
Member
P
Joined: Jul 2003
Is it Black Cherry?

PRUNUS serotina also called
PRUNUS virginiana

http://www.innvista.com/health/herbs/blackche.htm

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/dendro/dendrology/syllabus/pserotina2.htm

http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/trees/prse.html

#99004 August 21st, 2004 at 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe this is it...
Pokeweed

Scroll down for a picture.

Karen grinnnn

#99005 August 21st, 2004 at 04:33 PM
Joined: May 2004
M
Member
Member
M
Joined: May 2004
Mystery solved it is indeed pokeweed. I had never heard of it prior to today, but one look at the pokeweed page Gardenmom posted and I knew without a doubt it was the answer.

Thank you very much (all)
Miki


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 25 (0.052s) Memory: 0.7700 MB (Peak: 0.7897 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2026-10-02 13:55:30 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS